Global DNDC Network Minutes
- Mencaroni M, Dal Ferro N, Furlanetto J, Longo M, Lazzaro B, Sartori L, Grant BB, Smith WN, Morari F 2021. Identifying N fertilizer management strategies to reduce ammonia volatilization: Towards a site-specific approach. Journal of Environmental Management 277:111445
- Rennie TJ, Grant BB, Gordon RJ, Smith WN, VanderZaag AC 2021. Regional climate influences manure temperature and methane emissions - A pan-Canadian modelling assessment. Science of the Total Environment 750:142278.
- Tang YH, Luan XB, Sun JX, Zhao JF, Yin YL, Wang YB, Sun SK 2021. Impact assessment of climate change and human activities on GHG emissions and agricultural water use. Agricultural and Gorest Meteorology 296:108218.
- Abdalla M, Song X, Ju X, Topp CFE, Smith P 2020. Calibration and validation of the DNDC model to estimate nitrous oxide emissions and crop productivity for a summer maize-winter wheat double cropping system in Hebei, China. Environmental Pollution 262:114119
- Banger K, Wagner-Riddle C, Grant BB, Smith WN, Drury C, Yang JY 2020. Modifying fertilizer rate and application method reduces environmental nitrogen losses and increases corn yield in Ontario. Science of the Total Environment 722:137851
- Budiman, Steiner C, Topp CFE, Buerkert A 2020. Soil-climate contribution to DNDC model uncertainty in simulating biomass accumulation under urban vegetable production on a Petroplinthic Cambisol in Tamale, Ghana. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 183:306-315
- Chen C, Bao YX, Lv Q, Tang Q, Nu K 2020. Simulation and Influence Factors of Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Gases Emission under Different Straw Retention Depths. Journal of Environmental Engineering 146:04020002
- Chi YB, Yang PL, Ren SM, Yang J 2020.Finding the optimal fertilizer type and rate to balance yield and soil GHG emissions under reclaimed water irrigation. Science of the Total Environment 729:138954
- Deng J, Xiao JF, Ouimette A, Zhang Y, Sanders-DeMott R, Frolking S, Li CS 2020. Improving a Biogeochemical Model to Simulate Surface Energy, Greenhouse Gas Fluxes, and Radiative Forcing for Different Land Use Types in Northeastern United States. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 34:e2019GB006520
- Deng MH, Hou MD, Zhang Q, Bellingrath-Kimura SD 2020. Critical livestock densities and manure management for the typical paddy rice and corn cropping systems in an intensive livestock watershed, Japan. Agricultural Systems 177:102722
- Diao YQ, Li HP, Jiang SY, Li XY 2020. Effects of Changing Fertilization since the 1980s on Nitrogen Runoff and Leaching in Rice-Wheat Rotation Systems, Taihu Lake Basin. Water 12:886
- Fan MM, Margenot AJ, Zhang LM, Lal R, Wu JT, Chang NJ, Shaukate M, Chen FR, Gao C 2020. Soil organic carbon dynamics in intensively managed agricultural landscapes of eastern China. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science (Early access)
- Fiorini A, Maris SC, Abalos D, Amaducci S, Tabaglio V 2020. Combining no-till with rye (Secale cereale L.) cover crop mitigates nitrous oxide emissions without decreasing yield. Soil and Tillage Research 196:104442
- Gos M, Krzyszczak J, Baranowski P, Murat M, Malinowska I 2020. Combined TBATS and SVM model of minimum and maximum air temperatures applied to wheat yield prediction at different locations in Europe. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 281:107827
- Grossi G, Vitali A, Lacetera N, Danieli PP, Bernabucci U, Nardone A 2020. Carbon Footprint of Mediterranean Pasture-Based Native Beef: Effects of Agronomic Practices and Pasture Management under Different Climate Change Scenarios. Animals 10:415
- Hagen SC, Delgado G, Ingraham P, Cooke I, Emery R, Fisk JP, Melendy L, Olson T, Patti S, Rubin N, Ziniti B, Chen HX, Salas W, Elias P, Gustafson D 2020. Mapping Conservation Management Practices and Outcomes in the Corn Belt Using the Operational Tillage Information System (OpTIS) and the Denitrification-Decomposition (DNDC) Model. Land 9:408
- He WT, Dutta B, Grant BB, Chantigny MH, Hunt D, Bittman S, Tenuta M, Worth D, VanderZaag A, Desjardins RL, Smith WN 2020. Assessing the effects of manure application rate and timing on nitrous oxide emissions from managed grasslands under contrasting climate in Canada. Science of the Total Environment 716:135374
- Huang X, Ni SQ, Wu C, Zorn C, Zhang WY, Yu CQ 2020. GDNDC: An integrated system to model water-nitrogen-crop processes for agricultural management at regional scales. Environmental Modelling and Software 134:104807
- Hwang W, Park M, Cho K, Kim JG, Hyun S 2020. Mitigation of CO2 and N2O Emission from Cabbage Fields in Korea by Optimizing Tillage Depth and N-Fertilizer Level: DNDC Model Simulation under RCP 8.5 Scenario. Sustainability 11:6158
- Ibraim E, Denk T, Wolf B, Barthel M, Gasche R, Wanek W, Zhang SS, Kiese R, Butterbach-Bahl K, Eggleston S, Emmenegger L, Six J, Mohn J 2020. Denitrification Is the Main Nitrous Oxide Source Process in Grassland Soils According to Quasi-Continuous Isotopocule Analysis and Biogeochemical Modeling. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 34:e2019GB006505
- Ingraham PA, Salas WA 2020. Assessing nitrous oxide and nitrate leaching mitigation potential in US corn crop systems using the DNDC model. Agricultural Systems 175:79-87.
- Jiang Q, Qi Z, Madramootoo CA, Smith W, Abbasi NA, Zhang TQ 2020. Comparison of RZWQM2 and DNDC Models to Simulate Greenhouse Gas Emissions Under Combined Inorganic/Organic Fertilization in a Subsurface-Drained Field. Transactions of the ASABE 63:771-787
- Kang XM, Li Y, Wang JZ, Yan L, Zhang XD, Wu HD, Yan ZQ, Zhang KR, Hao YB 2020. Precipitation and temperature regulate the carbon allocation process in alpine wetlands: quantitative simulation. Journal of Soils and Sediments 20:3300-3315.
- Khalil MI, Fornara DA, Osborne B 2020. Simulation and validation of long-term changes in soil organic carbon under permanent grassland using the DNDC model. Geoderma 361:114014.
- Lai XM, Liu Y, Zhou ZW, Zhu Q, Liao KH 2020. Investigating the spatio-temporal variations of nitrate leaching on a tea garden hillslope by combining HYDRUS-3D and DNDC models. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 183:46-57
- Lai XM, Zhu Q, Zhou ZW, Liao KH, Lv LG 2020. Optimizing the spatial pattern of land use types in a mountainous area to minimize non-point nitrogen losses. Geoderma 360:114016
- Li YM, Shah SHH, Wang JY 2020. Modelling of nitrification inhibitor and its effects on emissions of nitrous oxide (N2O) in the UK. Science of the Total Environment 709:136156
- Liao KH, Lai XM, Zhou ZW, Liu Y, Zhu Q 2020. Uncertainty analysis and ensemble bias-correction method for predicting nitrate leaching in tea garden soils. Agricultural Water Management 237:106182.
- Lin YY, Yi SJ, Zhang ZX, Xu D, Nie TZ 2020. Research on CH4 and N2O Regional Simulation of Different Water and Fertiizer and Bio-Carbon Regulation Modes in Rice Field in Cold Region Based on DNDC Model. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 29:3885-3893
- Liu B, Zhao WZ, Wen ZJ, Yang YT, Chang XX, Zhu ZC, Si R 2020. Hydrochemical Characteristics Jointly Determine the Transport and Cycling of Soil Carbon, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus in an Arid Chinese Wetland. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 125:e2020JG005697
- Liu L, Zhang XY, Xu W, Liu XJ, Li Y, Wei J, Wang Z, Lu XH 2020. Ammonia volatilization as the major nitrogen loss pathway in dryland agro-ecosystems. Environmental Pollution 265:114862
- Naher UA, Hossain MB, Haque MM, Maniruzzaman M, Choudhury AK, Biswas JC 2020. Effect of long-term nutrient management on soil organic carbon sequestration in rice-rice-fallow rotation. Current Science 118:587-592.
- Nasielski J, Grant B, Smith W, Niemeyer C, Janovicek K, Deen B 2020. Effect of nitrogen source, placement and timing on the environmental performance of economically optimum nitrogen rates in maize. Field Crops Research 246:UNSP 107686
- Nilsson J, Sundberg C, Tidaker P, Hansson PA 2020. Regional variation in climate impact of grass-based biogas production: A Swedish case study. Journal of Cleaner Production 275:122778
- Nilsson J, Tidaker P, Sundberg C, Henryson K, Grant B, Smith W, Hansson PA 2020. Assessing the climate and eutrophication impacts of grass cultivation at five sites in Sweden. ACTA AGRICULTURAE SCANDINAVICA SECTION B-SOIL AND PLANT SCIENCE 70:605-619
- Rennie TJ, Grant BB, Gordon RJ, Smith WN, VanderZaag AC 2020. Regional climate influences manure temperature and methane emissions - A pan-Canadian modelling assessment. Science of the Total Environment 750:142278
- Shah SHH, Li YM, Wang JY, Collins AL 2020. Optimizing farmyard manure and cattle slurry applications for intensively managed grasslands based on UK-DNDC model simulations. Science of the Total Environment 714:136672
- Shen JC, Treu R, Wang JY, Hao XY, Thomas B 2020. Modeling growing season and annual cumulative nitrous oxide emissions and emission factors from organically fertilized soils planted with barley in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Agricultural Systems 176:102654
- Shi YF, Lou YS, Wang Y, Zuo HT, Ojara MA, Lukali A 2020. Estimation and mitigation of greenhouse gases in typical paddy-upland rotation systems in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, China. GREENHOUSE GASES-SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. DOI: 10.1002/ghg.1950
- Singh P, Benbi DK 2020. Modeling Soil Organic Carbon with DNDC and RothC Models in Different Wheat-Based Cropping Systems in North-Western India. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 51:1184-1203
- Smith W, Grant B, Qi ZM, He WT, Qian BD, Jing Q, VanderZaag A, Drury CF, St Luce M, Wagner-Riddle C 2020. Towards an improved methodology for modelling climate change impacts on cropping systems in cool climates. Science of the Total Environment 728:138845
- Smith W, Grant B, Qi ZM, He WT, VanderZaag A, Drury CF, Helmers M 2020. Development of the DNDC model to improve soil hydrology and incorporate mechanistic tile drainage: A comparative analysis with RZWQM2. Environmental Modelling and Software 213. Article No UNSP 104577. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2019.104577
- Wang JY, Li YM, Bork EW, Richter GM, Eum HI, Chen CC, Shah SHH, Mezbahuddin S 2020. Modelling spatio-temporal patterns of soil carbon and greenhouse gas emissions in grazing lands: Current status and prospects. Science of the Total Environment 739:139092
- Wang QM, Liang X, Wang YC, Wang LG, Mosier AR, Chen DL 2020. Assessment of nitrogen hotspots induced by cropping systems in the Bohai Rim region in China by integrating DNDC modelling and the reactive nitrogen spatial intensity (NrSI) framework. Environmental Research Letters 15:105008
- Wang YN, Shui W 2020. Agricultural nonpoint source pollution in urban agricultural areas: An assessment system and mitigation methods. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment. DOI: 10.1080/10807039.2020.1724076
- Wang Z, Zhang XY, Liu L, Wang SQ, Zhao LM, Wu XD, Zhang WT, Huang XJ 2020. Inhibition of methane emissions from Chinese rice fields by nitrogen deposition based on the DNDC model. Agricultural Systems 184:102919
- Yang YY, Liu L, Zhang F, Zhang XY, Xu W, Liu XJ, Li Y, Wang Z, Xie YW 2020. Enhanced nitrous oxide emissions caused by atmospheric nitrogen deposition in agroecosystems over China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. DOI:10.1007/s11356-020-11591-5
- Zhang J, Li H, Deng J, Wang LG 2020. Assessing impacts of nitrogen management on nitrous oxide emissions and nitrate leaching from greenhouse vegetable systems using a biogeochemical model. Geoderma 382:114701
- Zhang W, Yao ZS, Zheng XH, Liu CY, Wang R, Wang K, Li SQ, Han SH, Zuo Q, Shi JC 2020. Effects of fertilization and stand age on N2O and NO emissions from tea plantations: a site-scale study in a subtropical region using a modified biogeochemical model. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 20:6903-6919
- Zhang YJ, Yu Q 2020. Identification of current research intensity and influence factors of agricultural nitrogen loss from cropping systems. Journal of Cleaner Production 276:123308
- Zhao Z, Cao LK, Deng J, Sha ZM, Chu CB, Zhou DP, Wu SH, Lv WG 2020. Modeling CH4 and N2O emission patterns and mitigation potential from paddy fields in Shanghai, China with the DNDC model. Agricultural Systems 178:102743.
- Zhao Z, Cao LK, Sha ZM, Deng J, Chu CB, Zhou DP, Wu SH, Lv WG 2020. Impacts of fertilization optimization on N loss from paddy fields: Observations and DNDC modeling case study in Shanghai, China. Soil & Tillage Research 199:104587.
- Zhou LF, Zhao WZ, He JQ, Flerchinger GN, Feng H 2020. Simulating soil surface temperature under plastic film mulching during seedling emergence of spring maize with the RZ-SHAW and DNDC models. Soil and Tillage Research 197:104517.
- Amponsah NY, Wang JY, Zhao L 2019. Modelling PAH Degradation in Contaminated Soils in Canada using a Modified Process-Based Model (DNDC). Soil Science Society of America Journal 83: 605-613.
- Antle JM, Cho S, Tabatabaie SMH, Valdivia RO 2019. Economic and environmental performance of dryland wheat-based farming systems in a 1.5 degrees C world. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 24:165-180
- Chen HX, Li LC, Luo XQ, Li Y, Liu DL, Zhao Y, Feng H, Deng J 2019. Modeling impacts of mulching and climate change on crop production and N2O emission in the Loess Plateau of China. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 268:86-97
- Cui GT, Wang JY 2019. Improving the DNDC biogeochemistry model to simulate soil temperature and emissions of nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide in cold regions. Science of the Total Environment 687:61-70
- Deng L, Meng XY, Yu RD, Wang Q 2019. Assessment of the Effect of Mulch Film on Crops in the Arid Agricultural Region of China under Future Climate Scenarios. Water 11(9):1819. DOI:10.3390/w11091819
- Dubache G, Li SQ, Zheng XH, Zhang W, Deng J 2019. Modeling ammonia volatilization following urea application to winter cereal fields in the United Kingdom by a revised biogeochemical model. Science of the Total Environment 660:1403-1418
- Fung KM, Tai APK, Yong T, Liu X, Lam HM 2019. Co-benefits of intercropping as a sustainable farming method for safeguarding both food security and air quality. Environmental Research Letters 14:044011
- Gao MF, Li ZL, Liu SC, Gao Y, Leng P, Duan SB 2019. Drought loss assessment combining remote sensing and a crop growth model for maize in Yunnan Province, China. International Journal of Remote Sensing 40 (Special Issue): 2151-2165
- He WT, Grant BB, Smith WN, VanderZaag AC, Piquette S, Qian B, Jing Q, Rennie TJ, Belanger G, Jego G, Deen B 2019. Assessing alfalfa production under historical and future climate in eastern Canada: DNDC model development and application. Environmental Modelling and Software 122. Article Number: UNSP 104540. DOI:10.1016/j.envsoft.2019.104540
- He WT, Smith WN, Grant BB, VanderZaag AC, Schwager EA, Qi Z, Reynolds D, Wagner-Riddle C, 2019. Understanding the Fertilizer Management Impacts on Water and Nitrogen Dynamics for a Corn Silage Tile-Drained System in Canada. Journal of Environmental Quality 48:1016-1028
- Hwang W, Park M, Cho K, Kim JG, Hyun S 2019. Mitigation of CO2 and N2O Emission from Cabbage Fields in Korea by Optimizing Tillage Depth and N-Fertilizer Level: DNDC Model Simulation under RCP 8.5 Scenario. Sustainability 11(21), 6158. DOI:10.3390/su11216158
- Jiang R, He WT, Zhou W, Hou YP, Yang JY, He P 2019. Exploring management strategies to improve maize yield and nitrogen use efficiency in northeast China using the DNDC and DSSAT models. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 166:104988
- Jungers JM, DeHaan LH, Mulla DJ, Sheaffer CC, Wyse DL 2019.Reduced nitrate leaching in a perennial grain crop compared to maize in the Upper Midwest, USA. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 272:63-73
- Ku HH, Ryu JH, Bae HS, Jeong C, Lee SE 2019. Modeling a long-term effect of rice straw incorporation on SOC content and grain yield in rice field. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 65:1941-1954. DOI: 10.1080/03650340.2019.1583330
- Lai XM, Liu Y, Zhou ZW, Zhu Q, Liao KH 2019.Investigating the spatio-temporal variations of nitrate leaching on a tea garden hillslope by combining HYDRUS-3D and DNDC models. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. Early Access. DOI: 10.1002/jpln.201900087
- Li RH, Lin H, Niu HP, Chen YQ, Zhao SX, Fan LX 2019. Smallholder preference and agroecosystem service trade-offs: A case study in Xinzheng County, China. Agricultural Systems 168:19-26
- Li SQ, Zheng XH, Zhang W, Han SH, Deng J, Wang K, Wang R, Yao ZS, Liu CY 2019. Modeling ammonia volatilization following the application of synthetic fertilizers to cultivated uplands with calcareous soils using an improved DNDC biogeochemistry model. Science of the Total Environment 660:931-946
- Nerger R, Kluver K,Cordsen E, Fohrer N 2019. Intensive long-term monitoring of soil organic carbon and nutrients in Northern Germany. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. Ealry Access. DOI: 10.1007/s10705-019-10027-y
- Ni YZ, Mwabonje ON, Richter GM, Qi AM, Yeung K, Patel M, Woods J 2019. Assessing availability and greenhouse gas emissions of lignocellulosic biomass feedstock supply - case study for a catchment in England. Biofuels Bioproducts & Biorefining-BIOFPR 13:568-581
- Nie TZ, Zhang ZX, Qi ZJ, Chen P, Sun ZY, Liu XC 2019. Characterizing Spatiotemporal Dynamics of CH4 Fluxes from Rice Paddies of Cold Region in Heilongjiang Province under Climate Change. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 16:692
- Qian BD, Zhang XB, Smith W, Grant B, Jing Q, Cannon AJ, Neilsen D, McConkey B, Li GL, Bonsal B, Wan H, Xue L, Zhao J 2019. Climate change impacts on Canadian yields of spring wheat, canola and maize for global warming levels of 1.5 degrees C, 2.0 degrees C, 2.5 degrees C and 3.0 degrees C. Environmental Research Letters 14:074005.
- Schroeck AM, Gaube V, Haas E, Winiwarter W 2019. Estimating nitrogen flows of agricultural soils at a landscape level - A modelling study of the Upper Enns Valley, a long-term socio-ecological research region in Austria. Science of the Total Environment 665: 275-289
- Smith W, Grant B, Qi ZM, He WT, VanderZaag A, Drury CF, Verge X, Balde H, Gordon R, Helmers MJ, 2019. Assessing the Impacts of Climate Variability on Fertilizer Management Decisions for Reducing Nitrogen Losses from Corn Silage Production. Journal of Environmental Quality 48:1006-1015
- Song ZW, Feng XM, Lal R, Fan MM, Ren J, Qi H, Qian CR, Guo JR, Cai HG, Cao TH, Yu Y, Hao YB, Huang XM, Deng AX, Zheng CY, Zhang J, Zhang WJ 2019. Optimized agronomic management as a double-win option for higher maize productivity and less global warming intensity: A case study of Northeastern China. Advances in Agronomy 157:251-292
- Sukhoveeva OE, Karelin DV 2019. Application Of The Denitrification-Decomposition (DNDC) Model To Retrospective Analysis Of The Carbon Cycle Components In Agrolandscapes Of The Central Forest Zone Of European Russia. Geography, Environment, Sustainability 12:213:226
- Wang Z, Zhang XY, Liu L, Wang SQ, Wu XD, Zhang WT, Zhao LM, Lu XH, Zhao XF 2019. Evaluating the effects of nitrogen deposition on rice ecosystems across China. Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment 285:106617
- Yu C, Huang X,Chen H, Godfray HCJ, Wright JS, Hall JW, Gong P, Ni S, Qiao S, Huang G, Xiao Y, Zhang J, Feng Z, Ju X, Ciais P, Stenseth NC, Hessen DO, Sun Z, Yu L, Cai W, Fu H, Huang X, Zhang C, Liu H, Taylor J. 2019. Managing nitrogen to restore water quality in China. Nature 567:516-520
- Yue Q, Cheng K, Ogle S, Hillier J, Smith P, Abdalla M, Ledo A, Sun JF, Pan GX 2019. Evaluation of four modelling approaches to estimate nitrous oxide emissions in China's cropland. Science of the Total Environment 652:1279-1289
- Zhang F, Eldoma IM, Li M, Kong M, Siddique KHM, Li FM 2019. Integrated model and field experiment to determine the optimum planting density in plastic film mulched rainfed agriculture. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 268:331-340
- Zhang LM, Zheng QF, Liu YL, Liu SG, Yu DS, Shi XZ, Xing SH, Chen HY, Fan XY 2019. Combined effects of temperature and precipitation on soil organic carbon changes in the uplands of eastern China. Geoderma 337:1105-1115
- Zhang W, Liu CY, Zheng XH, Wang K, Cui F, Wang R, Li SQ, Yao ZS, Zhu J 2019. Using a modified DNDC biogeochemical model to optimize field management of a multi-crop (cotton, wheat, and maize) system: a site-scale case study in northern China. Biogeosciences 16:2905-2922
- Zhang XX, Bi JG, Sun HF, Zhang JN, Zhou S 2019. Greenhouse gas mitigation potential under different rice-crop rotation systems: from site experiment to model evaluation.Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy 21:1587-1601
- Zhou LF, Zhao WZ, Yang R, Feng H 2019. Soil temperature modeling in topsoil with plastic film mulching and low spring temperatures. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. DOI: 10.1080/03650340.2019.1702163
- Zhu EY, Deng JS, Wang HQ, Wang K, Huang LY, Zhu GJ, Belete M, Shahtahmassebi A 2019. Identify the optimization strategy of nitrogen fertilization level based on trade-off analysis between rice production and greenhouse gas emission. Journal of Cleaner Production 239:118060. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.118060
- Brandes E, McNunn GS, Schulte LA, Muth DJ, VanLoocke A, Heaton EA 2018. Targeted subfield switchgrass integration could improve the farm economy, water quality, and bioenergy feedstock production. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 10:199-212
- Camarotto C, Dal Ferro N, Piccoli I, Polese R, Furlan L, Chiarini F, Morari F 2018.Conservation agriculture and cover crop practices to regulate water, carbon and nitrogen cycles in the low-lying Venetian plain. CATENA 167:236-249
- Chen Z, Wang J, Deng NR, Lv CH, Wang Q, Yu HB, Li WJ 2018. Modeling the effects of farming management practices on soil organic carbon stock at a county-regional scale. Catena 160:76-89
- Cobo S, Dominguez-Ramos A, Irabien A 2018. Minimization of Resource Consumption and Carbon Footprint of a Circular Organic Waste Valorization System. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 6:3493-3501.
- Cobo S, Dominguez-Ramos A, Irabien A 2018. Trade-Offs between Nutrient Circularity and Environmental Impacts in the Management of Organic Waste. Environmental Science and Technology 52:10923-33
- Dai ZH, Trettin CC, Frolking S, Birdsey RA 2018. Mangrove carbon assessment tool: Model development and sensitivity analysis. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science 208:23-35.
- Dai ZH, Trettin CC, Frolking S, Birdsey RA 2018. Mangrove carbon assessment tool: Model validation and assessment of mangroves in southern USA and Mexico. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science 208:107-117.
- Deng J, Li CS, Burger M, Horwath WR, Smart D, Six J, Guo L, Salas W, Frolking S 2018. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 123:1557-71
- Dutta B, Grant BB, Congreues KA, Smith WN, Wagner-Riddle C, VanderZaag AC, Tenuta M, Desjardins RL 2018. Characterising effects of management practices, snow cover, and soil texture on soil temperature: Model development in DNDC. Biosystems Engineering. Special Issue 168:54-73
- Foltz ME, Zilles JL, Koloutsou-Vakakis S 2018. Prediction of N2O emissions under different field management practices and climate conditions. Science of the Total Environment 646:872-9
- Gaillard RK, Jones CD, Ingraham P, Collier S, Izaurralde RC, Jokela W, Osterholz W, Salas W, Vadas P, Ruark MD 2018. Underestimation of N2O emissions in a comparison of the DayCent, DNDC, and EPIC models. Ecological Applications 28:694-708
- Goglio R, Smith WN, Grant BB, Desjardins RL, Gao X, Hanis K, Tenuta M, Campbell CA, McConkey BG, Nemecek T, Burgess PJ, Williams AG 2018. A comparison of methods to quantify greenhouse gas emissions of cropping systems in LCA. Journal of Cleaner Production 172:4010-4017
- Goglio P, Smith WN, Worth DE, Grant BB, Desjardins RL, Chen W, Tenuta M, McConkey BG, Williams A, Burgess P 2018. Development of Crop.LCA, an adaptable screening life cycle assessment tool for agricultural systems: A Canadian scenario assessment. Journal of Cleaner Production 172:3770-3780
- Guest G, Smith W, Grant B, McConkey B, Chipanshi A, Reid K, Kroebel R, Martel M, Desjardins R, VanderZaag A, Pattey E, Glenn A, Wilson H, Balde H, Wagner-Riddle C, Drury CF, Fuller K, Hayashi M, Reynolds D 2018. Comparing the performance of the DNDC, Holos, and VSMB models for predicting the water partitioning of various crops and sites across Canada. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 98:212-231
- He WT, Yang JY, Drury CF, Smith WN, Grant BB, He P, Qian B, Zhou W, Hoogenboom G 2018. Estimating the impacts of climate change on crop yields and N2O emissions for conventional and no-tillage in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Agricultural Systems 159:187-198
- Huang X, Yu CQ, Fang JR, Huang GR, Ni SQ, Hall J, Zorn C, Huang XM, Zhang WY 2018. A dynamic agricultural prediction system for large-scale drought assessment on the Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 154:400-410
- Jarecki M, Grant B, Smith W, Deen B, Drury C, VanderZaag A, Qian BD, Yang JY, Wagner-Riddle C 2018. Long-term Trends in Corn Yields and Soil Carbon under Diversified Crop Rotations. Journal of Environmental Quality 47:635-43
- Jiang ZD, Yin S, Zhang XX, Li CS, Shen GR, Zhou P, Liu CJ 2018. Research and Development of a DNDC Online Model for Farmland Carbon Sequestration and GHG Emissions Mitigation in China. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 14:1493
- Ku HH, Jeong C, Colyer P 2018. Modeling long-term effects of hairy vetch cultivation on cotton production in Northwest Louisiana. Science of the Total Environment 624:744-752
- Ma YC, Schwenke G, Sun LY, Liu DL, Wang B, Yang B 2018. Modeling the impact of crop rotation with legume on nitrous oxide emissions from rain-fed agricultural systems in Australia under alternative future climate scenarios. Science of the Total Environment 630:1544-1552.
- Maharjan GR, Prescher AK, Nendel C, Ewert F, Mboh CM, Gaiser T, Seidel SJ 2018. Approaches to model the impact of tillage implements on soil physical and nutrient properties in different agro-ecosystem models. Soil & Tillage Research 180:210-221
- Myrgiotis V, Rees RM, Topp CFE, Williams M 2018. A systematic approach to identifying key parameters and processes in agroecosystem models. Ecological Modelling 368:344-356
- Myrgiotis V, Williams M, Topp CF, Rees RM 2018. Improving model prediction of soil N2O emissions through Bayesian calibration. Science of the Total Environment 624:1467-1477
- Nurulhuda K, Gaydon DS, Jing Q, Zakaria MP, Struik PC, Keesman KJ 2018. Nitrogen dynamics in flooded soil systems: an overview on concepts and performance of models. Agricultural Systems 98:865-871
- Shen JC, Treu R, Wang JY, Thorman R, Nicholson F, Bhogal A 2018. Modeling nitrous oxide emissions from three United Kingdom farms following application of farmyard manure and green compost. Science of the Total Environment 637:1566-1577
- Shen JC, Treu R, Wang JY, Nicholson F, Bhogal A, Thorman R 2018. Modeling nitrous oxide emissions from digestate and slurry applied to three agricultural soils in the United Kingdom: Fluxes and emission factors. Environmental Pollution 243:1952-1965
- Smakgahn K, Fumoto T, Yagi K 2018. Effect of rice straw incorporation on methane emission and rice yields from rice cropping system by DNDC-Rice model. International Journal of Global Warming 16:54-63
- Tabatabaie SMH, Bolte JP, Murthy GS 2018. A regional scale modeling framework combining biogeochemical model with life cycle and economic analysis for integrated assessment of cropping systems. Science of the Total Environment 625:428-439
- Tabatabaie SMH, Tahami H, Murthy GS 2018. A regional life cycle assessment and economic analysis of camelina biodiesel production in the Pacific Northwestern US. Journal of Cleaner Production 172:2389-2400
- Tian Z, Niu YL, Fan DL, Sun LX, Ficsher G, Zhong HL, Deng J, Tubiello FN 2018. Maintaining rice production while mitigating methane and nitrous oxide emissions from paddy fields in China: Evaluating tradeoffs by using coupled agricultural systems models. Agricultural Systems 159:175-186
- Tonitto C, Woodbury PB, McLellan EL 2018. Defining a best practice methodology for modeling the environmental performance of agriculture. Environmental Science and Policy 87:64-73
- Treat CC, Marushchak ME, Voigt C, Zhang Y, Tan Z, Zhuang Q, Virtanen TA, Räsänen A, Biasi C, Hugelius G, Kaverin D, Miller PA, Stendel M, Romanovsky V, Rivkin F, Martikainen PJ, Shurpali NJ 2018. Tundra landscape heterogeneity, not interannual variability, controls the decadal regional carbon balance in the Western Russian Arctic. Global Change Biology. doi:10.1111/gcb.14421
- Veltman K, Rotz CA, Chase L, Cooper J, Ingraham P, Izaurralde RC, Jones CD, Gaillard R, Larson RA, Ruark M, Salas W, Thoma G, Jolliet O 2018. A quantitative assessment of Beneficial Management Practices to reduce carbon and reactive nitrogen footprints and phosphorus losses on dairy farms in the US Great Lakes region. Agricultural Systems 166:10-25
- Wang XY, Tian Z, Fan DL, Hou MF, Niu YL, Xu HQ, Hu B 2018. Characteristics of CH4 Emission in Double Paddy Field under Climate Change in Southern China Simulated by CMIP5 Climate Model Projections. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Agro-Geoinformatics (Agro-Geoinformatics) 378-381
- Wang XY, Tian Z, Fan DL, Hou MF, Niu YL, Xu HQ, Hu B, Shi RH, Chen MS 2018.Simulation of Methane Emissions from Double-Rice Cropping System in Southern China during the Past 50 Years by DNDC Model. Article number: UNSP 1076716. In: Remote Sensing and Modeling of Ecosystems for Sustainability XV (Eds. Gao W, Chang NB, Wang J). Proceedings of the SPIE
- Wu X, Kang XM, Liu WJ, Cui XY, Hao YB, Wang YF 2018. Using the DNDC model to simulate the potential of carbon budget in the meadow and desert steppes in Inner Mongolia, China. Journal of Soils and Sediment 18:63-75
- Yu C, Huang X, Chen H, Huang G, Ni S, Wright JS, Hall J, Ciais P, Zhang J, Xiao Y, Sun Z, Wang X, Yu L. 2018. Assessing the Impacts of Extreme Agricultural Droughts in China Under Climate and Socioeconomic Changes. Earth's Future 6. DOI:10.1002/2017EF000768
- Yu YX, Tao H, Yao HY, Zhao CY 2018.Assessment of the effect of plastic mulching on soil respiration in the arid agricultural region of China under future climate scenarios. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 256:1-9
- Zhang F, Zhang WJ, Qi JG, Li FM 2018. A regional evaluation of plastic film mulching for improving crop yields on the Loess Plateau of China. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 248:458-468
- Zhang W, Li Y, Zhu B, Zheng XH, Liu CY, Tang JL, Su F, Zhang C, Ju XT, Deng J 2018. A process-oriented hydro-biogeochemical model enabling simulation of gaseous carbon and nitrogen emissions and hydrologic nitrogen losses from a subtropical catchment. Science of the Total Environment 616:305-317
- Zhang YT, Liu J, Wang HY, Lei QL, Liu HB, Zhai LM, Ren TZ, Zhang JZ 2018. Suitability of the DNDC model to simulate yield production and nitrogen uptake for maize and soybean intercropping in the North China Plain. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 17:2790-2801
- Zimmermann J, Carolan R, Forrestal P, Harty M, Lanigan G, Richards KG, Roche L, Whitfield MG, Jones MB 2018. Assessing the performance of three frequently used biogeochemical models when simulating N2O emissions from a range of soil types and fertiliser updates treatments. Geoderma 331:53-69
- Balasubramanian S, Nelson A, Koloutsou-Vakakis S, Lin J, Rood MJ, Myles L, Bernacchi C 2017. Evaluation of DeNitrification DeComposition model for estimating ammonia fluxes from chemical fertilizer application. Agriculture and Forest Meteorology 237:123-134
- Brilli L, Bechini L, Bindi M, Carozzi M, Cavalli D, Conant R, Dorich CD, Doro L, Ehrhardt F, Farina R, Ferrise R, Fitton N, Francaviglia R, Grace P, Iocola I, Klumpp K, Leonard J, Martin R, Massad RS, Recous S, Seddaiu G, Sharp J, Smith P, Smith WN, Soussana JF, Bellocchi G 2017. Review and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of agro-ecosystem models for simulating C and N fluxes. Science of the Total Environment 598:445-470
- Chen D, Li Y, Wang C, Fu XQ, Liu XL, Shen JL, Wang Y, Xiao RL, Liu DL, Wu JS 2017. Measurement and modeling of nitrous and nitric oxide emissions from a tea field in subtropical central China. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 107:157-173
- Deng J, McCalley CK, Frolking S, Chanton J, Crill P, Varner R, Tyson G, Rich V, Hines M, Saleska SR, Li CS 2017. Adding stable carbon isotopes improves model representation of the role of microbial communities in peatland methane cycling. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems 9:1412-1430
- Deng Y, Paraskevas D, Cao SJ 2017. Incorporating denitrification-decomposition method to estimate field emissions for Life Cycle Assessment. Science of the Total Environment 593:65-74
- Dutta B, Grant BB, Campbell CA, Lemke RL, Desjardins RL, Smith WN 2017. A multi model evaluation of long-term effects of crop management and cropping systems on nitrogen dynamics in the Canadian semi-arid prairie. Agricultural Systems 151:136-147
- Giltrap D, Saggar S, Rodriguez J, Bishop P 2017. Modelling NH3 volatilisation within a urine patch using NZ-DNDC. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 108:267-277
- Guest G, Krobel R, Grant B, Smith W, Sansoulet J, Pattey E, Desjardins R, Jego G, Tremblay N, Tremblay G 2017. Model comparison of soil processes in eastern Canada using DayCent, DNDC and STICS. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 109(3):211-232
- Guest G, Smith W, Grant B, VanderZaag A, Desjardins R, McConkey B 2017. A comparative life cycle assessment highlighting the trade-offs of a liquid manure separator-composter in a Canadian dairy farm system. Journal of Cleaner Production 143:824-835
- Houska T, Kraft R, Liebermann R, Klatt S, Kraus D, Haas E, Santabarbara I, Kiese R, Butterbach-Bahl K, Muller C, Breuer L 2017.Rejecting hydro-biogeochemical model structures by multi-criteria evaluation. Environmental Modelling and Software 93:1-12.
- Hu L, Wang LG, Li JZ, Gao MF, Zhang J, Zhang JF, Qiu JJ, Deng J, Li CS, Frolking S 2017. The development of China-DNDC and review of its applications for sustaining Chinese agriculture. Ecological Modelling 348:1-13
- Huang X, Huang GR, Yu CQ, Ni SQ, Yu L 2017. A multiple crop model ensemble for improving broad-scale yield prediction using Bayesian model averaging. Field Crops Research 211:114-124
- Katayanagi N, Fumoto T, Hayano M, Shirato Y, Takata Y, Leon A, Yagi K 2017. Estimation of total CH4 emission from Japanese rice paddies using a new estimation method based on the DNDC-Rice simulation model. Science of the Total Environment 601:346-355
- Li RH, Lin H, Niu HP, Chen YQ, Zhao SX, Fan LX 2017.Effects of irrigation on the ecological services in an intensive agricultural region in China: A trade-off perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production 156:41-49
- Li ZT, Yang JY, Drury CF, Yang XM, Reynolds WD, Li XG, Hu CS 2017. Evaluation of the DNDC model for simulating soil temperature, moisture and respiration from monoculture and rotational corn, soybean and winter wheat in Canada. Ecological Modelling 360:230-243
- Marconi S, Chiti T, Nole A, Valentini R, Collalti A 2017. The Role of Respiration in Estimation of Net Carbon Cycle: Coupling Soil Carbon Dynamics and Canopy Turnover in a Novel Version of 3D-CMCC Forest Ecosystem Model. Forests 8:6. Article No 220.
- Qin FL, Zhao YC, Shi XZ, Xu SX, Yu DS 2017. Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analyses for Modeling Long-Term Soil Organic Carbon Dynamics of Paddy Soils Under Different Climate-Soil-Management Combinations. Pedosphere 27:912-925
- Syp A, Faber A 2017. Using Different Models to Estimate N2O Fluxes from Maize Cultivation in Poland. Polish Journal of Environmental Sciences 26:2759-2766
- Syp A, Faber A, Kozak M 2017. Assessment of N2O emissions from rapeseed cultivation in Poland by various approaches. International Agrophysics 30:501-507.
- Tabatabaie SMH, Murthy GS 2017. Effect of geographical location and stochastic weather variation on life cycle assessment of biodiesel production from camelina in the northwestern USA. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 22:867-882
- Torbick N, Salas W, Chowdhury D, Ingraham P, Trinh M 2017. Mapping rice greenhouse gas emissions in the Red River Delta, Vietnam. Carbon Management 8:99-108
- Yadav D, Wang JY 2017. Modelling carbon dioxide emissions from agricultural soils in Canada. Environmental Pollution 230:1040-1049
- Yu DS, Pan Y, Zhang HD, Wang XY, Ni YL, Zhang LM, Shi XZ 2017. Equality testing for soil grid unit resolutions to polygon unit scales with DNDC modeling of regional SOC pools. Chinese Geographical Science 27:552-568.
- Yu YX, Tao H, Jia HT, Zhao CY 2017. Impact of plastic mulching on nitrous oxide emissions in China's arid agricultural region under climate change conditions. Atmospheric Environment 158:76-84
- Zhang F, Wang Z, Glidden S, Wu YP, Tang L, Liu QY, Li CS, Frolking S 2017. Changes in the soil organic carbon balance on China's cropland during the last two decades of the 20th century. Scientific Reports 7. Article number 7144.
- Zhang F, Zhang WJ, Li M, Yang YS, Li FM 2017.Does long-term plastic film mulching really decrease sequestration of organic carbon in soil in the Loess Plateau? European Journal of Agronomy 89:53-60
- Zhang F, Zhang WJ, Li M, Zhang Y, Li FM, Li CB 2017. Is crop biomass and soil carbon storage sustainable with long-term application of full plastic film mulching under future climate change? Agricultural Systems 150:67-77
- Zhang LM, Wang GX, Zheng QF, Liu YL, Yu DS, Shi XZ, Xing SH, Chen HY, Fan XY 2017. Quantifying the impacts of agricultural management and climate change on soil organic carbon changes in the uplands of Eastern China. Soil & Tillage Research 174:81-91
- Zhang WJ, Zhang F, Qi JG, Hou FJ 2017. Modeling impacts of climate change and grazing effects on plant biomass and soil organic carbon in the Qinghai-Tibetan grasslands. Biogeosciences 14:5455-5470
- Zhao QY, Brocks S, Lenz-Wiedemann VIS, Miao YX, Zhang FS, Bareth G 2017. Detecting spatial variability of paddy rice yield by combining the DNDC model with high resolution satellite images. Agricultural Systems 152:47-57
- Abalos D, Smith WN, Grant BB, Drury CF, MacKell S, Wagner-Riddle C 2016. Scenario analysis of fertilizer management practices for N2O mitigation from corn systems in Canada. Science of the Total Environment 573:356-365
- Beach RH, Creason J, Ohrel SB, Ragnauth S, Ogle S, Li CS, Ingraham P, Salas W 2016. Global mitigation potential and costs of reducing agricultural non-CO2 greenhouse gas emissions through 2030. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences 12(SI1): 87-105
- Burger M, Haden VR, Chen H, Six J, Horwath WR 2016. Stand age affects emissions of N2O in flood-irrigated alfalfa: a comparison of field measurements, DNDC model simulations and IPCC Tier 1 estimates. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 106:335-345
- Chen H, Yu C, Li C, Xin Q, Huang X, Zhang J, Yue Y, Huang G, Li X, Wang W 2016. Modeling the impacts of water and fertilizer management on the ecosystem service of rice rotated cropping systems in China. Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment 219:49-57
- Chun JA, Shim KM, Min SH, Wang Q 2016. Methane mitigation for flooded rice paddy systems in South Korea using a process-based model. Paddy and Water Environment 14:123-129
- Congreves KA, Dutta B, Grant BB, Smith WN, Desjardins RL, Wagner-Riddle C 2016. How does climate variability influence nitrogen loss in temperate agroecosystems under contrasting management systems? Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment 227:33-41
- Congreves KA, Grant BB, Dutta B, Smith WN, Chantigny MH, Rochette P, Desjardins RL 2016. Predicting ammonia volatilization after field application of swine slurry: DNDC model development. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 219:179-189
- Deng Q, Hui DF, Wang JM, Yu CL, Li CS, Reddy KC, Dennis S 2016. Assessing the impacts of tillage and fertilization management on nitrous oxide emissions in a cornfield using the DNDC model. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 12:337-349
- De Pinto A, Li M, Haruna A, Hyman GG, Martinez MAL, Creamer B, Kwon HY, Garcia JBV, Tapasco J, Martinez JD 2016. Low Emission Development Strategies in Agriculture. An Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Uses (AFOLU) Perspective. World Development 87:180-203
- Dutta B, Congreves KA, Smith WN, Grant BB, Rochette P, Chantigny MH, Desjardins RL 2016. Improving DNDC model to estimate ammonia loss from urea fertilizer application in temperate agroecosystems. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 106:275-292
- Dutta B, Smith WN, Grant BB, Pattey E, Desjardins RL, Li C 2016. Model development in DNDC for the prediction of evapotranspiration and water use in temperate field cropping systems. Environmental Modelling and Software 80:9-25
- Katayanagi N, Fumoto T, Hayano M, Takata Y, Kuwagata T, Shirato Y, Sawano S, Kajiura M, Sudo S, Ishigooka Y, Yagi K 2016.Development of a method for estimating total CH4 emission from rice paddies in Japan using the DNDC-Rice model. Science of the Total Environment 547:429-440
- Kim Y, Roulet NT, Li CS, Frolking S, Strachan IB, Peng CH, Teodoru CR, Prairie YT, Tremblay A 2016. Simulating carbon dioxide exchange in boreal ecosystems flooded by reservoirs. Ecological Modelling 327:1-17
- Li A, Duval BD, Anex R, Scharf P, Ashtekar JM, Owens PR, Ellis C 2016. A Case Study of Environmental Benefits of Sensor-Based Nitrogen Application in Corn. Journal of Environmental Quality 45:675-683
- Li SM, Li JM, Li CS, Huang SM, Li XY, Li SX, Ma YB 2016. Testing the RothC and DNDC models against long-term dynamics of soil organic carbon stock observed at cropping field soils in North China. Soil & Tillage Research 163:290-297
- Liao Y, Wu WL, Meng FQ, Li H 2016. Impact of agricultural intensification on soil organic carbon: A study using DNDC in Huantai County, Shandong Province, China.Journal of Integrative Agriculture 15:1364-1375.
- Minamikawa K, Fumoto T, Iizumi T, Cha-Un N, Pimple U, Nishimori M, Ishigooka Y, Kuwagata T 2016. Prediction of future methane emission from irrigated rice paddies in central Thailand under different water management practices. Science of the Total Environment 566:641-651
- Molina-Herrera S, Haas E, Klatt S, Kraus D, Augustin J, Magliulo V, Tallec T, Ceschia E, Ammann C, Loubet B, Skiba U, Jones S, Brummer C, Butterbach-Bahl K, Kiese R 2016. A modeling study on mitigation of N2O emissions and NO3 leaching at different agricultural sites across Europe using LandscapeDNDC. Science of the Total Environment 553:128-140
- Petersen SO, Baral KR, Arthur E 2016. Manure distribution as a predictor of N2O emissions from soil. Animal Production Science 56:549-556
- Qin FL, Zhao YC, Shi XZ, Xu SX, Yu DS 2016. Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis for the DeNitrification-DeComposition model, a case study of modeling soil organic carbon dynamics at a long-term observation site with a rice-bean rotation. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 124:263-272
- Stone EC, Hornberger GM 2016. Impacts of management alternatives on rice yield and nitrogen losses to the environment: A case study in rural Sri Lanka. Science of the Total Environment 542:271-276
- Wang GX, Zhang LM, Zhuang QL, Yu DS, Shi XZ, Xing SH, Xiong DZ, Liu YL 2016. Quantification of the soil organic carbon balance in the Tai-Lake paddy soils of China. Soil and Tillage Research 155:95-106 (Special Issue)
- Wang JY, Li AN, Bian JH 2016. Simulation of the Grazing Effects on Grassland Aboveground Net Primary Production Using DNDC Model Combined with Time-Series Remote Sensing Data-A Case Study in Zoige Plateau, China. Remote Sensing 8(3)
- Wang JY, Li AN, Jin HA 2016. Sensitivity analysis of the DeNitrification and Decomposition model for simulating regional carbon budget at the wetland-grassland area on the Zoige Plateau, China. Journal of Mountain Science 13:1200-1216.
- Xu XB, Yang GS, Tan Y, Zhuang QL, Li HP, Wan RR, Su WZ, Zhang J 2016. Ecological risk assessment of ecosystem services in the Taihu Lake Basin of China from 1985 to 2020. Science of the Total Environment 554:7-16
- Zhang F, Li C, Wang Z, Li X 2016. Long-term effects of management history on carbon dynamics in agricultural soils in Northwest China. Environmental Earth Services 75(1), Article No 65
- Zhang J, Hu KL, Li KJ, Zheng CL, Li BG 2016. Simulating the effects of long-term discontinuous and continuous fertilization with straw return on crop yields and soil organic carbon dynamics using the DNDC model. Soil & Tillage Research 165:302-314
- Zhang JY, Jiang JH, Tian GM 2016. The potential of fertilizer management for reducing nitrous oxide emissions in the cleaner production of bamboo in China. Journal of Cleaner Production 112:2536-2544
- Zhang LM, Zhuang QL, He YJ, Liu YL, Yu DS, Zhao QY, Shi XZ, Xing SH, Wang GX 2016. Toward optimal soil organic carbon sequestration with effects of agricultural management practices and climate change in Tai-Lake paddy soils of China. Georderma 275:28-39
- Zhang LM, Zhuang QL, Li XD, Zhao QY, Yu DS, Liu YL, Shi XZ, Xing SH, Wang GX 2016. Carbon sequestration in the uplands of Eastern China: An analysis with high-resolution model simulations. Soil & Tillage Research 158:165-176
- Zhang LM, Zhuang QL, Zhao QY, He YJ, Yu DS, Shi XZ, Xing SH 2016. Uncertainty of organic carbon dynamics in Tai-Lake paddy soils of China depends on the scale of soil maps. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 222:13-22.
- Zhang YJ, Niu HS 2016. The development of the DNDC plant growth sub-model and the application of DNDC in agriculture: A review. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 230:271-282
- Zhao Z, Sha ZM, Liu YB, Wu SH, Zhang HL, Li CS, Zhao Q, Cao LK 2016. Modeling the impacts of alternative fertilization methods on nitrogen loading in rice production in Shanghai. Science of the Total Environment 566:1595-1603
- Bellido J, Sakai K, Nakamura S, Kazuro M, Okamoto K, Nakandakari T 2015. Simulation of N2O emissions from a sugarcane field in Okinawa, Japan. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research 13:981-992
- Chen C, Chen DL, Lam SK 2015. Simulation of Nitrous Oxide Emission and Mineralized Nitrogen under Different Straw Retention Conditions Using a Denitrification-Decomposition Model. Clean-Soil Air Water 43:577-583
- Chen HX, Zhao Y, Feng H, Li HJ, Sun BH 2015.Assessment of climate change impacts on soil organic carbon and crop yield based on long-term fertilization applications in Loess Plateau, China. Plant and Soil 390:401-417
- Dai Z, Johnson KD, Birdsey RA, Hernandez-Stefanoni JL, Dupuy JM 2015. Assessing the effect of climate change on carbon sequestration in a Mexican dry forest in the Yucatan Peninsula. Ecological Complexity 24:46-56
- Deng MH, Bellingrath-Kimura SD, Zeng L, Hojito M, Zhang TZ, Yoh M 2015. Evaluation of N environmental risks on Andosols from an intensive dairy farming watershed using DNDC. Science of the Total Environment 512:659-671
- Deng J, Li CS, Frolking S 2015. Modeling impacts of changes in temperature and water table on C gas fluxes in an Alaskan peatland. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 120:1279-1295
- Deng J, Li CS, Wang Y 2015. Modeling ammonia emissions from dairy production systems in the United States. Atmospheric Environment 114:8-18
- Giltrap DL, Ausseil AGE 2015. Upscaling NZ-DNDC using a regression based meta-model to estimate direct N2O emissions from New Zealand grazed pastures. Science of the Total Environment 539:221-230
- Giltrap DL, Vogeler I, Cichota R, Luo J, van der Weerden TJ, de Klein CAM 2015.Comparison between APSIM and NZ-DNDC models when describing N-dynamics under urine patches. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 58:131-155
- Grogan DS, Zhang F, Prusevich A, Lammers RB, Wisser D, Glidden S, Li CS, Frolking S 2015. Quantifying the link between crop production and mined groundwater irrigation in China. Science of the Total Environment 511:161-175
- Grosz B, Horvath L, Gyongyosi AZ, Weidinger T, Pinter K, Nagy Z, Andre K 2015.Use of WRF result as meteorological input to DNDC model for greenhouse gas flux simulation. Atmospheric Environment 122:230-5
- Gu CH, Crane J, Hornberger G, Carrico A 2015. The effects of household management practices on the global warming potential of urban lawns. Journal of Environmental Management 151:233-242
- Guo M, Li C, Facciotto G, Bergante S, Bhatia R, Comolli R, Ferré C, Murphy R 2015. Bioethanol from poplar clone Imola: an environmentally viable alternative to fossil fuel? Biotechnology for Biofuels 8:134.
- Kim Y, Seo Y, Kraus D, Klatt S, Haas E, Tenhunen J, Kiese R 2015. Estimation and mitigation of N2O emission and nitrate leaching from intensive crop cultivation in the Haean catchment, South Korea. Science of the Total Environment 529:40-53
- Kraus D, Weller S, Klatt S, Haas E, Wassmann R, Kiese R, Butterbach-Bahl K 2015. A new LandscapeDNDC biogeochemical module to predict CH4 and N2O emissions from lowland rice and upland cropping systems. Plant and Soil 386:125-149
- Robertson AD, Davies CA, Smith P, Dondini M, McNamara NP 2015. Modelling the carbon cycle of Miscanthus plantations: existing models and the potential for their improvement. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 7:405-421
- Simmonds MB, Li CS, Lee J, Six J, van Kessel C, Linquist BA 2015. Modeling methane and nitrous oxide emissions from direct-seeded rice systems. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences 120:2011-2035
- Ssegane H, Negri MC, Quinn J, Urgun-Demirtas M 2015. Multifunctional landscapes: Site characterization and field-scale design to incorporate biomass production into an agricultural system. Biomass & Bioenergy 80:179-190
- Syp A, Faber A, Pikula D 2015. Assessing the impact of management practices on gas emissions and N losses calculated with denitrification-decomposition model. Plant Soil and Environment 61:433-437
- Uzoma KC, Smith W, Grant B, Desjardins RL, Gao X, Hanis K, Tenuta M, Goglio P, Li C 2015. Assessing the effects of agricultural management on nitrous oxide emissions using flux measurements and the DNDC model. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 206:71-83.
- Yu YX, Zhao CY 2015. Modelling soil and root respiration in a cotton field using the DNDC model. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 178:787-791
- Zhang F, Li CS, Wang Z, Glidden S, Grogan DS, Li XX, Cheng Y, Frolking S 2015. Modeling impacts of management on farmland soil carbon dynamics along a climate gradient in Northwest China during 1981-2000. Ecological Modelling 312:1-10
- Zhang HX, Sun B, Xie XL, Zhuang SY 2015. Simulating the effects of chemical and non-chemical fertilization practices on carbon sequestration and nitrogen loss in subtropical paddy soils using the DNDC model. Paddy and Water Environment 13:495-506
- Zhang W, Liu CY, Zheng XH, Zhou ZX, Cui F, Zhu B, Haas E, Klatt S, Butterbach-Bahl K, Kiese R 2015. Comparison of the DNDC, LandscapeDNDC and IAP-N-GAS models for simulating nitrous oxide and nitric oxide emissions from the winter wheat-summer maize rotation system. Agricultural Systems 140:1-10
- Zhang YJ, Niu HS, Wang SP, Xu K, Wang R 2015. Application of the DNDC model to estimate N2O emissions under different types of irrigation in vineyards in Ningxia, China. Agricultural Water Management 163:295-304
- Zhang YT, Wang HY, Liu S, Lei QL, Liu J, He JQ, Zhai LM, Ren TZ, Liu HB 2015. Identifying critical nitrogen application rate for maize yield and nitrate leaching in a Haplic Luvisol soil using the DNDC model. Science of the Total Environment 514:388-398
- Zhou Y, Zheng LF, Zhou XN, Hu XS, Wu ZL, Zhou CJ, Li D 2015. Greenhouse gas (GHG)emissions and the optimum operation model of timber production systems in southern China. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 24:3743-3753
- Costa C, Li CS, Cerri CEP, Cerri CC 2014. Measuring and modeling nitrous oxide and methane emissions from beef cattle feedlot manure management: First assessments under Brazilian condition. Journal of Environmental Science and Health. PART B-Pesticides Food Contaminants and Agricultural Wastes 49:696-711
- Cui F, Zheng X, Liu C, Wang K, Zhou Z, Deng J 2014. Assessing biogeochemical effects and best management practice for a wheat-maize cropping system using the DNDC model. Biogeosciences 11(1):91-107
- Deng J, Li C, Frolking S, Zhang Y, Backstrand K, Crill P 2014. Assessing effects of permafrost thaw on C fluxes based on multiyear modeling across a permafrost thaw gradient at Stordalen, Sweden. Biogeosciences 11(17):4753-4770
- Dou F, Wight JP, Wilson LT, Storlien JO, Hons FM 2014.Simulation of Biomass Yield and Soil Organic Carbon under Bioenergy Sorghum Production. PLoS One 9. Article number e115598. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0115598
- Gilhespy SL, Anthony S, Cardenas L, Chadwick D, del Prado A, Li C, Misselbrook T, Rees RM, Salas W, Sanz-Cobena A, Smith P, Tilston EL, Topp CFE, Vetter S, Yeluripati JB 2014. First 20 years of DNDC (DeNitrification DeComposition): Model evolution. Ecological Modelling 292:51-62
- Goglio P, Grant BB, Smith WN, Desjardins RL, Worth DE, Zentner R, Malhi SS 2014.Impact of management strategies on the global warming potential at the cropping system level. Science of the Total Environment 490:921-933
- Gu JX, Loustau D, Henault C, Rochette P, Cellier P, Nicoullaud B, Grossel A, Richard G 2014. Modeling nitrous oxide emissions from tile-drained winter wheat fields in Central France. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 98:27-40
- Han J Jia Z, Wu W, Li C, Han Q, Zhang J 2014. Modeling impacts of film mulching on rainfed crop yield in Northern China with DNDC. Field Crops Research 155:202-212
- Kim Y, Berger S, Kettering J, Tenhunen J, Haas E, Kiese R 2014. Simulation of N2O emissions and nitrate leaching from plastic mulch radish cultivation with LandscapeDNDC. Ecological Research 29: 441-454
- Kim Y, Roulet NT, Peng CH, Li CS, Frolking S, Strachan IB, Tremblay A 2014. Multi-year carbon dioxide flux simulations for mature Canadian black spruce forests and ombrotrophic bogs using Forest-DNDC. Boreal Environment Research 19:417-440
- Liu YH, Wang LX, Bao SM, Liu HM, Yu JB, Wang Y, Shao HB, Yan OY, An SQ 2014. Effects of Different Vegetation Zones on CH4 and N2O Emissions in Coastal Wetlands: A Model Case Study. Scientific World Journal. Article Number 412183
- Minamikawa K, Fumoto T, Itoh M, Hayano M, Sudo S, Yagi K 2014. Potential of prolonged midseason drainage for reducing methane emission from rice paddies in Japan: a long-term simulation using the DNDC-Rice model. Biology and Fertility of Soils 50:879-889
- Moore AD, Eckard RJ, Thorburn PJ, Grace PR, Wang EL, Chen DL 2014. Mathematical modeling for improved greenhouse gas balances, agro-ecosystems, and policy development: lessons from the Australian experience. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews-Climate Change. 5:735-752
- Mu L, Liang YL, Xue QW, Chen C, Lin XJ 2014. Using the DNDC model to compare soil organic carbon dynamics under different crop rotation and fertilizer strategies. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 12(1): 265-276
- Necpalova M, Li D, Lanigan G, Casey IA, Burchill W, Humphreys J 2014. Changes in soil organic carbon in a clay loam soil following ploughing and reseeding of permanent grassland under temperate moist climatic conditions. Grass and Forage Science 69:611-624
- Perlman J, Hijmans RJ, Horwath WR 2014.A metamodelling approach to estimate global N2O emissions from agricultural soils. Global Ecology and Biogeography 23:912-924.
- Sansoulet J, Pattey E, Krobel R, Grant B, Smith W, Jego G, Desjardins RL, Tremblay N, Tremblay G 2014. Comparing the performance of the STICS, DNDC, and DayCent models for predicting N uptake and biomass of spring wheat in Eastern Canada. Field Crops Research 156:135-150
- Wu H, Peng C, Moore TR, Hua D, Li C, Zhu Q, Peichl M, Arain MA, Guo Z 2014. Modeling dissolved organic carbon in temperate forest soils: TRIPLEX-DOC model development and validation. Geoscientific Model Development 7:867-881
- Wu X, Zhang A 2014. Comparison of three models for simulating N2O emissions from paddy fields under water-saving irrigation. Atmospheric Environment 98:500-509
- Yu CQ, Li CS, Xin QC, Chen H, Zhang J, Zhang F, Li XC, Clinton N, Huang X, Yue YL, Gong P 2014. Dynamic assessment of the impact of drought on agricultural yield and scale-dependent return periods over large geographic regions. Environmental Modelling and Software 62:454-464.
- Zhang L, Yu D, Shi X, Xu S, Xing S, Zhao Y 2014. Effects of Soil Data and Simulation Unit Resolution on Quantifying Changes of Soil Organic Carbon at Regional Scale with a Biogeochemical Process Model
- Zhao Z, Zhang H, Li C, Zhao Q, Cao L 2014. Quantifying nitrogen loading from a paddy field in Shanghai, China with modified DNDC model. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 197:212-221
- Abdalla M, Saunders M, Hastings A, Williams M, Smith P, Osborne B, Lanigan G, Jones MB 2013. Simulating the impacts of land use in Northwest Europe on Net Ecosystem Exchange (NEE): The role of arable ecosystems, grasslands and forest plantations in climate change mitigation. Science of the Total Environment (SI)465:325-336
- Amatya DM, Rossi CG, Saleh A, Dai Z, Youssef MA, Williams RG, Bosch DD, Chescheir GM, Sun G, Skaggs RW, Trettin CC, Vance ED, Nettles JE, Tian S 2013. Review of nitrogen fate models applicable to forest landscapes in the Southern US. Transactions of the ASABE
- Cameron DR, Van Oijen M, Werner C, Butterbach-Bahl K, Grote R, Haas E, Heuvelink GBM, Kiese R, Kros J, Kuhnert M, Leip A, Reinds GJ, Reuter HI, Schelhaas MJ, De Vries W, Yeluripati J 2013. Environmental change impacts on the C- and N-cycle of European forests: a model comparison study. Biogeosciences 10(3):1751-1773
- Cardenas LM, Gooday R, Brown L, Scholefield D, Cuttle S, Gilhespy S, Matthews R, Misselbrook T, Wang J, Li C, Hughes G, Lord E (2013) Towards an improved inventory of N2O from agriculture: Model evaluation of N2O emission factors and N fraction leached from different sources in UK agriculture. Atmospheric Environment 79: 340-348
- Chen C, Chen DL, Pan JJ, Lam SK (2013)Application of the Denitrification-Decomposition Model to Predict Carbon Dioxide Emissions under Alternative Straw Retention Methods. Scientific World Journal Article Number: 851901
- Deng J, Zhou ZX, Zheng XH, Li CS (2013)Modeling impacts of fertilization alternatives on nitrous oxide and nitric oxide emissions from conventional vegetable fields in southeastern China. Atmospheric Environment 81:642-650
- Fumoto T, Hasegawa T, Cheng W, Hoque MM, Yamakawa Y, Shimono H, Kobayashi K, Okada M, Li C, Yagi K 2013. Application of a process-based biogeochemistry model, DNDC-Rice, to a rice field under free-air CO2 enrichment (FACE). Journal of Agricultural Meteorology 69(3):173-190
- Giltrap DL, Ausseil AGE, Thakur KP, Sutherland MA 2013. Investigating a method for estimating direct nitrous oxide emissions from grazed pasture soils in New Zealand using NZ-DNDC. Science of the Total Environment (SI)465:7-16
- Goglio P, Colnenne-David C, Laville P, Dore T, Gabrielle B 2013. 29 % N2O emission reduction from a modelled low-greenhouse gas cropping system during 2009-2011. Environmental Chemistry Letters 11(2):143-149
- Haas E, Klatt S, Frohlich A, Kraft P, Werner C, Kiese R, Grote R, Breuer L, Butterbach-Bahl K 2013. LandscapeDNDC: a process model for simulation of biosphere-atmosphere-hydrosphere exchange processes at site and regional scale. Landscape Ecology 28(4):615-636
- Hayano M, Fumoto T, Yagi K, Shirato Y 2013. National-scale estimation of methane emission from paddy fields in Japan: Database construction and upscaling using a process-based biogeochemistry model. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 59(5):812-823
- Kang XM, Hao YB, Cui XY, Chen H, Li CS, Rui YC, Tian JQ, Kardol P, Zhong L, Wang JZ, Wang YF 2013. Effects of grazing on CO2 balance in a semiarid steppe: field observations and modeling. Journal of Soils and Sediments 13(6):1012-1023
- Katayanagi N, Ono K, Fumoto T, Mano M, Miyata A, Hayashi K 2013. Validation of the DNDC-Rice model to discover problems in evaluating the nitrogen balance at a paddy-field scale for single-cropping of rice. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 95(2): 255-268
- Luo J, Chen YC, Zhu WZ, Zhou P 2013. Modeling climate change effects on soil respiration in three different stages of primary succession in deglaciated region on Gongga Mountain, China. Scandanavian Journal of Forest Research 28(4):363-372
- Nyckowiak J, Lesny J, Juszczak R, Olejnik J, Blecharczyk A, Haas E, Kiese R, Butterbach-Bahl K 2013. Application of LandscapeDNDC Model for Simulating Soil Water Content and Crop Yield Quantity [Polish]. Rocznik Ochrona Srodowiska 15:1937-1951
- Ouyang W, Qi SS, Hao FH, Wang XL, Shan YS, Chen SY 2013. Impact of crop patterns and cultivation on carbon sequestration and global warming potential in an agricultural freeze zone. Ecological Modelling 252(SI):228-237
- Perlman J, Hijmans RJ, Horwath WR 2013. Modelling agricultural nitrous oxide emissions for large regions. Environmental Modelling & Software 48:183-192
- Qin XB, ,Wang H, Li YE, Li Y, McConkey B, Lemke R, Li CS, Brandt K, Gao QZ, Wan YF, Liu S, Liu YT, Xu C 2013. A long-term sensitivity analysis of the denitrification and decomposition model. Environmental Modelling & Software 43:26-36.
- Smith WN, Grant BB, Desjardins RL, Kroebel R, Li C, Qian B, Worth DE, McConkey BG, Drury CF 2013. Assessing the effects of climate change on crop production and GHG emissions in Canada. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment 179:139-150
- Thomas ARC, Bond AJ, Hiscock KM 2013. A multi-criteria based review of models that predict environmental impacts of land use-change for perennial energy crops on water, carbon and nitrogen cycling. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 5(3):227-242
- Vogeler I, Giltrap D, Cichota R 2013. Comparison of APSIM and DNDC simulations of nitrogen transformations and N2O emissions. Science of the Total Environment (SI)465:147-155
- Waldrip HM, Todd RW, Li C, Cole NA, Salas WH 2013. Estimation of ammonia emissions from beef cattle feedyards using the process-based model Manure-DNDC. Transactions of the ASABE 56(3):1103-1114
- Webster KL, McLaughlin JW, Kim Y, Packalen MS, Li CS 2013. Modelling carbon dynamics and response to environmental change along a boreal fen nutrient gradient. Ecological Modelling 248:148-164
- Xu SX, Zhao YC, Shi XZ, Yu DS, Li CS, Wang SH, Tan MZ, Sun WX 2013. Map scale effects of soil databases on modeling organic carbon dynamics for paddy soils of China. Catena 104:67-76.
- Yu DS, Zhang LM, Shi XZ, Warner ED, Zhang ZQ, Zhao QG 2013. Soil Assessment Unit Scale Affects Quantifying CH4 Emissions from Rice Fields. Soil Science Society of America Journal 77(2):664-672
- Abdalla M, Rueangritsarakul K, Jones M, Osborne B, Helmy M, Roth B, Burke J, Nolan P, Smith P, Williams M 2012. How Effective is Reduced Tillage-Cover Crop Management in Reducing N2O Fluxes from Arable Crop Soils? Water Air and Soil Pollution 223(8):5155-5174. DOI: 10.1007/s11270-012-1268-4
- Dai ZH, Trettin CC, Li CS, Li H, Sun G, Amatya DM 2012. Effect of Assessment Scale on Spatial and Temporal Variations in CH(4), CO(2), and N(2)O Fluxes in a Forested Wetland. Water Air and Soil Pollution 223(1):253-265 DOI: 10.1007/s11270-011-0855-0
- Gopalakrishnan G, Negri MC, Salas W 2012. Modeling biogeochemical impacts of bioenergy buffers with perennial grasses for a row-crop field in Illinois. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 4(6):739-750. DOI: 10.1111/j.1757-1707.2011.01145.x
- Guo M, Li CS, Bell JNB, Murphy RJ 2012. Influence of Agro-Ecosystem Modeling Approach on the Greenhouse Gas Profiles of Wheat-Derived Biopolymer Products. Environmental Science & Technology 46(1): 320-330. DOI: 10.1021/es2030388
- Jungkunst HF, Bargsten A, Timme M, Glatzel S 2012. Spatial variability of nitrous oxide emissions in an unmanaged old-growth beech forest. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 175(5):739-749. DOI: 10.1002/jpln.201100412
- Li CS, Salas W, Zhang RH, Krauter C, Rotz A, Mitloehner F 2012. Manure-DNDC: a biogeochemical process model for quantifying greenhouse gas and ammonia emissions from livestock manure systems. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 93(2):163-200. DOI: 10.1007/s10705-012-9507-z
- Maljanen M, Shurpali N, Hytonen J, Makiranta P, Aro L, Potila H, Laine J, Li CS, Martikainen PJ 2012. Afforestation does not necessarily reduce nitrous oxide emissions from managed boreal peat soils. Biogeochemistry 108(1-3):199-218. DOI: 10.1007/s10533-011-9591-1
- Palosuo T, Foereid B, Svensson M, Shurpali N, Lehtonen A, Herbst M, Linkosalo T, Ortiz C, Todorovic GR, Marcinkonis S, Li CS, Jandl R 2012. A multi-model comparison of soil carbon assessment of a coniferous forest stand. Environmental Modelling and Software 35:38-49.DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2012.02.004
- Smith WN, Grant BB, Campbell CA, McConkey BG, Desjardins RL, Krobel R, Malhi SS 2012. Crop residue removal effects on soil carbon: Measured and inter-model comparisons. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment 161:27-38. DOI: 10.1016/j.agee.2012.07.024
- Villa-Vialaneix N, Follador M, Ratto M, Leip A 2012. A comparison of eight metamodeling techniques for the simulation of N2O fluxes and N leaching from corn crops. Environmental Modelling and Software 34(SI):51-66. DOI:10.1016/j.envsoft.2011.05.003
- Wang JY, Cardenas LM, Misselbrook TH, Cuttle S, Thorman RE, Li CS 2012. Modelling nitrous oxide emissions from grazed grassland systems. Environmental Pollution 162:223-233. DOI:10.1016/j.envpol.2011.11.027
- Wang JY, Zhang XL, Liu YL, Pan XJ, Liu PL, Chen ZZ, Huang TQ, Xiong ZQ 2012. Modeling Impacts of Alternative Practices on Net Global Warming Potential and Greenhouse Gas Intensity from Rice-Wheat Annual Rotation in China. PLOS ONE 7(9). Article Number: e45668. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0045668
- Werner C, Haas E, Grote R, Gauder M, Graeff-Honninger S, Claupein W, Butterbach-Bahl K 2012. Biomass production potential from Populus short rotation systems in Romania. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 4(6):642-653. DOI: 10.1111/j.1757-1707.2012.01180.x
- Wolf B, Kiese R, Chen WW, Grote R, Zheng XH, Butterbach-Bahl K 2012. Modeling N(2)O emissions from steppe in Inner Mongolia, China, with consideration of spring thaw and grazing intensity. Plant and Soil 350(1-2):297-310 DOI: 10.1007/s11104-011-0908-6
- Xu SX, Xuezheng SZ, Zhao YC, Yu DS, Wang SH, Tan MZ, Sun WX, Li CS 2012. Spatially explicit simulation of soil organic carbon dynamics in China's paddy soils. Catena 92:113:121. DOI:10.1016/j.catena.2011.12.005
- Zhang LM, Yu DS, Shi XZ, Xu SX, Wang SH, Xing SH, Zhao YC 2012. Simulation soil organic carbon change in China's Tai-Lake paddy soils. Soil & Tillage Research 121:1-9. DOI:10.1016/j.still.2012.01.010
- Zhang Y, Sachs T, Li CS, Boike J 2012. Upscaling methane fluxes from closed chambers to eddy covariance based on a permafrost biogeochemistry integrated model. Global Change Biology 18(4):1428-1440. DOI:10.1111/j.1365-2486.2011.02587.x
- Zhang Y, Su SL, Zhang F, Shi RH, Gao W 2012. Characterizing Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Methane Emissions from Rice Paddies in Northeast China from 1990 to 2010. Plos One 7(1):e29156. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0029156
- Abdalla M, Kumar S, Jones M, Burke J, Williams M 2011. Testing DNDC model for simulating soil respiration and assessing the effects of climate change on the CO(2) gas flux from Irish agriculture. Global and Planetary Change 78(3-4): 106-115 DOI: 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2011.05.011
- Chirinda N, Kracher D, Laegdsmand M, Porter JR, Olesen JE, Petersen BM, Doltra J, Kiese R, Butterbach-Bahl K 2011. Simulating soil N(2)O emissions and heterotrophic CO(2) respiration in arable systems using FASSET and MoBiLE-DNDC. Plant and Soil 343(1-2):139-160
- de Bruijn AMG, Grote R, Butterbach-Bahl K 2011. An alternative modelling approach to predict emissions of N2O and NO from forest soils. European Journal of Forest Research 130(5):755-773 DOI: 10.1007/s10342-010-0468-y
- Deng J, Zhu B, Zhou ZX, Zheng XH, Li CS, Wang T, Tang JL 2011. Modeling nitrogen loadings from agricultural soils in southwest China with modified DNDC. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences 116: G02020.
- Du YG, Cui XY, Cao GM, Zhao XD, Yang GX 2011. SIMULATING N2O EMISSION FROM KOBRESIA HUMILIS SERG. ALPINE MEADOW ON TIBETAN PLATEAU WITH THE DNDC MODEL. Polish Journal of Ecology 59(3): 443-453
- Follador M, Leip A, Orlandini L 2011. Assessing the impact of Cross Compliance measures on nitrogen fluxes from European farmlands with DNDC-EUROPE. Environmental Pollution 159(11 Special Issue: SI): 3233-3242 DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2011.01.025
- Giltrap DL, Saggar S, Singh J, Harvey M, McMillan A, Laubach J 2011. Field-scale verification of nitrous oxide emission reduction with DCD in dairy-grazed pasture using measurements and modelling. Soil Research 49(8):696-702 DOI: 10.1071/SR11090
- Kang XM, Hao YB, Li CS, Cui XY, Wang JZ, Rui YC, Niu HS, Wang YF 2011. Modeling impacts of climate change on carbon dynamics in a steppe ecosystem in Inner Mongolia, China. Journal of Soils and Sediments 11(4):562-576
- Kariyapperuma KA, Wagner-Riddle C, Furon AC, Li CS 2011. Assessing Spring Thaw Nitrous Oxide Fluxes Simulated by the DNDC Model for Agricultural Soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal 75(2):678-690. DOI: 10.2136/sssaj2010.0264
- Kiese R, Heinzeller C, Werner C, Wochele S, Grote R, Butterbach-Bahl K 2011. Quantification of nitrate leaching from German forest ecosystems by use of a process oriented biogeochemical model. Environmental Pollution 159(11 Special Issue: SI): 3204-3214 DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2011.05.004
- Krobel R, Smith WN, Grant BB, Desjardins RL, Campbell CA, Tremblay N, Li CS, Zentner RP, McConkey BG 2011. Development and evaluation of a new Canadian spring wheat sub-model for DNDC. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 91(4):503-520 DOI: 10.4141/CJSS2010-059
- Leip A, Busto M, Corazza M, Bergamaschi P, Koeble R, Dechow R, Monni S, de Vries W 2011. Estimation of N(2)O fluxes at the regional scale: data, models, challenges. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 3(5): 328-338 DOI: 10.1016/j.cosust.2011.07.002
- Leip A, Busto M, Winiwarter W 2011. Developing spatially stratified N(2)O emission factors for Europe. Environmental Pollution 159(11 Special Issue: SI): 3223-3232 DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2010.11.024
- Li DJ, Lanigan G, Humphreys J 2011. Measured and Simulated Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Ryegrass- and Ryegrass/White Clover-Based Grasslands in a Moist Temperate Climate. PLOS ONE 6(10) Article Number: e26176 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026176
- Ludwig B, Bergstermann A, Priesack E, Flessa H 2011. Modelling of crop yields and N(2)O emissions from silty arable soils with differing tillage in two long-term experiments. Soil & Tillage Research 112:114-121
- Ludwig B, Jager N, Priesack E, Flessa H 2011. Application of the DNDC model to predict N(2)O emissions from sandy arable soils with differing fertilization in a long-term experiment. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 174(3):350-358
- Qiu JJ, Li H, Wang LG, Tang HJ, Li CS, Van Ranst E 2011. GIS-model based estimation of nitrogen leaching from croplands of China. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 90(2):243-252
- Rafique R, Peichl M, Hennessy D, Kiely G 2011. Evaluating management effects on nitrous oxide emissions from grasslands using the process-based DeNitrification-DeComposition (DNDC) model. Atmospheric Environment 45(33): 6029-6039 DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2011.07.046
- Syp A, Faber A, Kozyra J, Borek R, Pudelko R, Borzecka-Walker M, Jarosz Z 2011. Modeling Impact of Climate Change and Management Practices on Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Arable Soils. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies 20(6): 1593-1602
- van Oijen M, Cameron DR, Butterbach-Bahl K, Farahbakhshazad N, Jansson PE, Kiese R, Rahn KH, Werner C, Yeluripati JB 2011. A Bayesian framework for model calibration, comparison and analysis: Application to four models for the biogeochemistry of a Norway spruce forest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151(12):1609-1621 DOI: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.06.017
- Wang Y, Sun GJ, Zhang F, Qi J, Zhao CY 2011. Modeling impacts of farming management practices on greenhouse gas emissions in the oasis region of China. Biogeosciences 8(8):2377-2390 DOI: 10.5194/bg-8-2377-2011
- Wang X, Zhu B,Li C, Gao M, Wang Y, Zhou Z, Yuan H 2011. Dissecting soil CO2 fluxes from a subtropical forest in China by integrating field measurements with a modeling approach. Geoderma 161(1-2): 88-94
- Xu SX, Shi XZ, Zhao YC, Yu DS, Li CS, Wang SH, Tan MZ, Sun WX 2011. Carbon sequestration potential of recommended management practices for paddy soils of China, 1980-2050. Geoderma 166(1):206-213 DOI: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2011.08.002
- Xu SX, Shi XZ, Zhao YC, Yu DS, Wang SH, Zhang LM, Li CS, Tan MZ 2011. Modeling Carbon Dynamics in Paddy Soils in Jiangsu Province of China with Soil Databases Differing in Spatial Resolution. Pedosphere 21(6):696-705
- Xu XM, Tang J, Li ZY, Liu C, Han WZ 2011. Global warming potential of emissions from rice paddies in Northeastern China. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 16(6): 721-731 DOI: 10.1007/s11027-011-9290-1
- Yu DS, Yang H, Shi XZ, Warner ED, Zhang LM, Zhao QG 2011. Effects of soil spatial resolution on quantifying CH(4) and N(2)O emissions from rice fields in the Tai Lake region of China by DNDC model. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 25:GB2004
- Zhang Y, Wang YY, Su SL, Li CS 2011. Quantifying methane emissions from rice paddies in Northeast China by integrating remote sensing mapping with a biogeochemical model. Biogeosciences 8(5):1225-1235
- Abdalla M, Jones M, Williams M 2010.Simulation of N2O fluxes from Irish arable soils: effect of climate change and management. Biology and Fertility of Soils 46(3):247-260. DOI: 10.1007/s00374-009-0424-5
- Abdalla M, Jones M, Yeluripati J, Smith P, Burke J, Williams M 2010. Testing DayCent and DNDC model simulations of N2O fluxes and assessing the impacts of climate change on the gas flux and biomass production from a humid pasture. Atmospheric Environment 44(25):2961-2970. doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.05.018
- Desjardins RL, Pattey E, Smith WN, Worth D, Grant B, Srinivasan R, MacPherson JI, Mauder M 2010. Multiscale estimates of N2O emissions from agricultural lands. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 150(6): 817-824. doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2009.09.001
- Dietiker D, Buchmann N, Eugster W 2010. Testing the ability of the DNDC model to predict CO2 and water vapour fluxes of a Swiss cropland site. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 139(3): 396-401
- Fukushima Y, Chen SP 2009. A decision support tool for modifications in crop cultivation method based on life cycle assessment: a case study on greenhouse gas emission reduction in Taiwanese sugarcane cultivation. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 14(7):639-655. DOI: 10.1007/s11367-009-0100-x
- Fumoto T, Yanagihara T, Saito T, Yagi K 2010. Assessment of the methane mitigation potentials of alternative water regimes in rice fields using a process-based biogeochemistry model. Global Change Biology 16(6):1847–1859. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2009.02050.x
- Giltrap DL, Li CS, Saggar S 2010. DNDC: A process-based model of greenhouse gas fluxes from agricultural soils. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 136(3-4):292-300. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.06.014
- Giltrap DL, Singh J, Saggar S, Zaman M 2010. A preliminary study to model the effects of a nitrification inhibitor on nitrous oxide emissions from urine-amended pasture. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 136(3-4):310-317. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.08.007
- Hastings AF, Wattenbach M, Eugster W, Li C, Buchmann N, Smith P 2010.
Uncertainty propagation in soil greenhouse gas emission models: An experiment using the DNDC model and at the Oensingen cropland site. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 136(1-2):97-110. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.11.016
- Li H, Qiu J, Wang L, Tang H, Li C, Van Ranst E 2010. Modelling impacts of alternative farming management practices on greenhouse gas emissions from a winter wheat–maize rotation system in China. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 135(1-2):24-33. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.08.003
- Lugato E, Zuliani M, Alberti G, Delle Vedove G, Gioli B, Miglietta F, Peressotti A 2010. Application of DNDC biogeochemistry model to estimate greenhouse gas emissions from Italian agricultural areas at high spatial resolution. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 139(4):546-556
- Machon A,Horváth L, Weidinger T, Grosz B, Pintér K, Tuba Z, Führer E 2010. Estimation of net nitrogen flux between the atmosphere and a semi-natural grassland ecosystem in Hungary. European Journal of Soil Science 61(5):631–639
- Miehle P, Grote R, Battaglia M, Feikema PM, Arndt SK 2010.Evaluation of a process-based ecosystem model for long-term biomass and stand development of Eucalyptus globulus plantations. European Journal of Forest Research 129(3):377-391. DOI: 10.1007/s10342-009-0343-x
- Shi X-Z, Yang R-W, Weindorf DC, Wang H-J, Yu D-S, Huang Y, Pan X-Z, Sun W-X, Zhang L-M 2010. Simulation of organic carbon dynamics at regional scale for paddy soils in China. Climatic Change 102(3-4):579-593. DOI: 10.1007/s10584-009-9704-1
- Smith WN, Grant BB, Desjardins RL, Worth D, Li C, Boles SH, Huffman EC 2010. A tool to link agricultural activity data with the DNDC model to estimate GHG emission factors in Canada. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 136(3-4):301-309. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.12.008
- Tang H, Qiu J, Wang L, Li H, Li C, van Ranst E 2010. Modeling Soil Organic Carbon Storage and Its Dynamics in Croplands of China. Agricultural Sciences in China 9(5):704-712. doi:10.1016/S1671-2927(09)60146-2
- Tonitto C, Li C, Seidel R, Drinkwater L 2010. Application of the DNDC model to the Rodale Institute Farming Systems Trial: challenges for the validation of drainage and nitrate leaching in agroecosystem models. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 87(3):483-494. DOI: 10.1007/s10705-010-9354-8
- Wattenbach M, Sus O, Vuichard N, Lehuger S, Gottschalk P, Li L, Leip A, Williams M, Tomelleri E, Kutsch WL, Buchmann N, Eugster W, Dietiker D, Aubinet M, Ceschia E, Béziat P, Grünwald T, Hastings A, Osborne B, Ciais P, Cellier P, P Smith 2010. The carbon balance of European croplands: A cross-site comparison of simulation models . Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 139(3):419-453
- MC2 Conference Proceedings
- Abdalla M, Wattenbach M, Smith P, Ambus P, Jones M, Williams M 2009. Application of the DNDC model to predict emissions of N2O from Irish agriculture. Geoderma 151(3-4):327-337. doi:10.1016/j.geoderma.2009.04.021
- Britz W, Leip A 2009. Development of marginal emission factors for N losses from agricultural soils with the DNDC–CAPRI meta-model. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 133(3-4):267-279. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.04.026
- Butterbach-Bahl K, Kahl M, Mykhayliv K, Werner C, Kiese R, Li C 2009. A European-wide inventory of soil NO emissions using the biogeochemical models DNDC/Forest-DNDC. Atmospheric Environment 43(7):1392-1402
- David MB, Del Grosso SJ, Hu X, Marshall EP, McIsaac GF, Parton WJ, Tonitto C, Youssef MA 2009. Modeling denitrification in a tile-drained, corn and soybean agroecosystem of Illinois, USA. Biogeochemistry 93(1-2):7-30. DOI: 10.1007/s10533-008-9273-9
- de Bruijn AMG, Butterbach-Bahl K, Blagodatsky S, Grote R 2009. Model evaluation of different mechanisms driving freeze–thaw N2O emissions. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 133(3-4):196-207. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2009.04.023
- Grote R, Lehmann E, Brümmer C, Brüggemann N, Szarzynski J, Kunstmann H 2009. Modelling and observation of biosphere–atmosphere interactions in natural savannah in Burkina Faso, West Africa . Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Parts A/B/C 34(4-5):251-260. doi:10.1016/j.pce.2008.05.003
- Krobel R, Sun Q, Ingwersen J, Chen X, Zhang F, Muller T, Romheld V, 2009. Modelling water dynamics with DNDC and Daisy in a soil of the North China Plain: A comparative study. Environmental Modelling & Software. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2009.09.003
- Kurbatova J, Li C, Tatarinov F, Varlagin A, Shalukhina N, Olchev A 2009. Modeling of the carbon dioxide fluxes in European Russia peat bogs. Environmental Research Letters 4:045022. doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/4/4/045022
- Lu X, Cheng G 2009. Climate change effects on soil carbon dynamics and greenhouse gas emissions in Abies fabri forest of subalpine, southwest China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 41(5):1015-1021. doi:10.1016/j.soilbio.2008.10.028
- Qiu J, Wang L, Li H, Tang H, Li C, Van Ranst E 2009. Modeling the Impacts of Soil Organic Carbon Content of Croplands on Crop Yields in China. Agricultural Sciences in China 8(4):464-471. doi:10.1016/S1671-2927(08)60233-3
- Terhoeven-Urselmans T, Scheller E, Raubuch M, Ludwig B, Joergensen RG 2009. CO2 evolution and N mineralization after biogas slurry application in the field and its yield effects on spring barley. Applied Soil Ecology Volume 42(3):297-302. doi:10.1016/j.apsoil.2009.05.012
- Zhang L, Yu D, Shi X, Weindorf DC, Zhao L, Ding W, Wang H, Pan J, Li C 2009. Simulation of Global Warming Potential (GWP) from rice fields in the Tai-lake region, China by coupling 1:50,000 soil database with DNDC model. Atmospheric Environment, 43(17):2737-2746
- Zhang L, Yu D, Shi X, Weindorf D, Zhao L, Ding W, Wang H, Pan J, Li C, 2009. Quantifying methane emissions from rice fields in the Taihu Lake region, China by coupling a detailed soil database with biogeochemical model. Biogeosciences, 6:739-749
- Farahbakhshazad N, Dinnes DL, Li C, Jaynes DB, Salas W, 2008. Modeling biogeochemical impacts of alternative management practices for a row-crop field in Iowa. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment 123: 30-48.
Kurbatova J, Li C, Varlagin A, Xiao X, Vygodskaya N, 2008. Modeling carbon dynamics in two adjacent spruce forests with different soil conditions in Russia. Biogeosciences 5: 969-980.
Leip A, Marchi G, Koeble R, Kempen M, Britz W, Li C, 2008. Linking an economic model for European agriculture with a mechanistic model to estimate nitrogen and carbon losses from arable soils in Europe. Biogeosciences 5: 73-94.
- Babu YJ, Li C Frolking S, Nayak DR, Adhya TK, 2006. Field validation of DNDC model for methane and nitrous oxide emissions from rice-based production systems of India. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 74: 157-174. DOI 10.1007/s10705-005-6111-5.
Kesik M, Bruggemann N, Forkel R, Kiese R, Knoche R, Li C, Suefert G, Simpson D, Butterbach-Bahl K, 2006. Future scenarios of N2O and NO emissions from European forest soils, Journal of Geophysical Research 111: G02018, doi:10.1029/2005JG000115, 2006.
Li C, Salas W, DeAngelo B, Rose S, 2006. Assessing alternatives for mitigating net greenhouse gas emissions and increasing yields from rice production in China over the next twenty years. Journal of Environmental Quality 35: 1554-1565. doi:10.2134/jeq2005.0208.
Li C, Farahbakhshazad N, Jaynes DB, Dinnes DL, Salas W, McLaughlan D, 2006. Modeling nitrate leaching with a biogeochemical model modified based on observations in a row-crop field in Iowa. Ecological Modelling 196: 116-130.
Liu Y, Yu Z, Chen J, Zhang F, Doluschitz R, Axmacher JC, 2006, Changes of organic carbon in an intensively cultivated agricultural region: a denitrification-decomposition (DNDC) modelling approach. Science of Total Environment 372: 203-214.
Miehle P, Livesley SJ, Li C, Feikema PM, Adams MA, Arndt SK, 2006. Quantifying uncertainty from large-scale model predictions of forest carbon dynamics. Global Change Biology 12: 1421-1434. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2486.01176.x.
Miehle P, Livesley SJ, Feikema PM, Li C, Arndt SK, 2006. Assessing productivity and carbon sequestration capacity of Eucalyptus globulus plantations using the process model Forest-DNDC: calibration and validation. Ecological Modelling 192: 83-94.
Neufeldt H, Schafer M, Angenendt E, Li C, Kaltschmitt M, Zeddies J, 2006. Disaggregated greenhouse gas emission inventories from agriculture via a coupled economic-ecosystem model. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 112: 233-240.
Pathak H, Li C, Wassmann R, Ladha JK, 2006. Simulation of Nitrogen Balance in Rice-Wheat Systems of the Indo-Gangetic Plains. Soil Science Society of America Journal 70: 1612-1622. doi:10.21.36/sssaj2005.0165.
Tang H, Qiu Jianjun, Van Ranst E, Li C, 2006. Estimations of soil organic carbon storage in cropland of China based on DNDC model. Geoderma 134: 200-206.
Zhang F, Li C, Wang Z, Wu H, 2006. Modeling impacts of management alternatives on soil carbon storage of farmland in Northwest China, Biogeosciences 3: 451-466.
- Babu YJ, Li C, Frolking S, Nayak DR, Datta A, Adhya TK, 2005. Modeling of methane emissions from rice-based production systems in India with the denitrification and decomposition model: Field validation and sensitivity analysis. Current Science 89(11): 1904-1912.
Cui J, Li C, Sun G, Trettin C, 2005. Linkage of MIKE SHE to Wetland-DNDC for carbon budgeting and anaerobic biogeochemistry simulation. Biogeochemistry 72: 147-167. DOI:10.1007/s10533-004-0367-8.
Cui J, Li C, Trettin C, 2005, Analyzing the ecosystem carbon and hydrologic characteristics of forested wetland using a biogeochemical process model. Global Change Biology 11: 278-289. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2005.00900.x.
Hsieh C, Leahy P, Kiely G, Li C, 2005. The effect of future climate perturbations on N2O emissions from a fertilized humid grassland. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 73: 15-23. DOI 10.1007/s10705-005-7129-4.
Kesik M, Ambus P, Baritz R, Bruggemann N, Butterbach-Bahl K, Damm M, Duyzer J, Horvath L, Kiese R, Kitzler B, Leip A, Li C, Pihlatie M, Pilegaard K, Seufert G, Simpson D, Skiba U, Smiatek G, Vesala T, Zechmeister-Boltenstern S, 2005. Inventories of N2O and NO emissions from European forest soils, Biogeosciences 2: 353-375. SRef-ID:1726-4189/bg/2005-2-353.
Kiese R, Li C, Hilbert DW, Papen H, Butterbach-Bahl K, 2005. Regional application of PnET-N-DNDC for estimating the N2O source strength of tropical rainforests in the Wet Tropics of Australia. Global Change Biology 11: 128-144. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2004.00873.x.
Li C, Frolking S, Butterbach-Bahl K, 2005. Carbon sequestration in arable soils is likely to increase nitrous oxide emissions, offsetting reductions in climate radiative forcing. Climatic Change 72: 321-338. DOI: 10.1007/s10585-005-6791-5.
Li C, Frolking S, Xiao X, Moore B, Boles S, Qiu J, Huang Y, Salas W, Sass R, 2005. Modeling impacts of farming management alternatives on CO2, CH4, and N2O emissions: a case study for water management of rice agriculture of China. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 19: GB3010. dot:10.1029/2004GB002341
Pathak H, Li C, Wassmann R, 2005. Greenhouse gas emissions from India rice fields: calibration and upscaling using the DNDC model. Biogeosciences 2: 113-123.
Qiu J, Wang L, Tang H, Li H, Li C, 2005. Studies on the situation of soil organic carbon storage in croplands in northest of China. Agricultural Sciences in China 4(1): 101-105.
- Cai Z, Sawamoto T, Li C, Kang G, Boonjawat J, Mosier A, Wassmann R, Tsuruta H, 2003. Field validation of the DNDC model for greenhouse gas emissions in East Asian cropping systems. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 17: 1107. doi:10.1019/2003GB002046.
Li C, Zhuang Y, Frolking S, Galloway J, Harriss R, Moore B, Schimel D, Wang X, 2003. Modeling soil organic carbon change in croplands of China. Ecological Applications 13(2): 327-336
Li C, Xiao X, Frolking S, Moore B, Salas W, Qiu J, Zhang Y, Zhuang Y, Wang X, 2003. Greenhouse gas emissions from croplands of China. Quaternary Sciences 23: 493-503 (in Chinese with English abstract).
Xu-Ri, Wang M, Wang Y, 2003. Using a modified DNDC model to estimate N2O fluxes from a semi-arid grassland in China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 35: 615-620.
- Brown L, Syed B, Jarvis SC, Sneath RW, Phillips VR, Goulding KWT, Li C, 2002. Development and application of a mechanistic model to estimate emission of nitrous oxide from UK agriculture. Atmospheric Environment 36: 917-928.
Frolking S, Qiu J, Boles S, Xiao X, Liu J, Zhuang Y, Li C, Qin X, 2002. Combining remote sensing and ground census data to develop new maps of the distribution of rice agriculture in China. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 16(4): 1091. doi:10.1029/2001GB001425.
Li C, Qiu J, Frolking S, Xiao X, Salas W, Moore B, Boles S, Huang Y, Sass R, 2002. Reduced methane emissions from large-scale changes in water management of China's rice paddies during 1980-2000. Geophysical Research Letters 29: 1972. doi:10.1019/2002GL015370.
Zhang Y, Li C, Trettin C, Li H, Sun G, 2002. An integrated model of soil, hydrology and vegetation for carbon dynamics in wetland ecosystems. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 16(4): 1061. doi:10.1029/2001GB001838.
Zhang Y, Li C, Zhou X, Moore B, 2002. A simulation model linking crop growth and soil biogeochemistry for sustainable agriculture. Ecological Modeling 151: 75-108.
- Frolking S, Xiao X, Zhuang Y, Salas W, Li C, 1999. Agricultural land-use in China: a comparison of area estimates from ground-based census and satellite-borne remote sensing. Global Ecology and Biogeography 8: 407-416.
Plant R, 1999. Effects of land use on regional nitrous oxide emissions in the humid tropics of Costa Rica. Extrapolating fluxes from field to regional scales. Wagenningen Agricultural University Dissertation no. 2575.
- Li C, Narayanan V, Harriss RC, 1996. Model estimates of nitrous oxide emissions from agricultural lands in the United States. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 10: 297-306.
Li, 1995. Impact of agricultural practices on soil C storage and N2O emissions in 6 states in the US. In: Advances in Soil Science (eds. R. Lai et al.), Soil Management and Greenhouse Effect. USA, CRC Press. Pp.101-112.
- Li C, Frolking S, Harriss R, 1994. Modeling carbon biogeochemistry in agricultural soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 8: 237-254.
Li C, Frolking S, Frolking TA, 1992a. A model of nitrous oxide evolution from soil driven by rainfall events: 1. model structure and sensitivity. Journal of Geophysical Research 97: 9759-9776.
Li C, Frolking S, Frolking TA, 1992b. A model of nitrous oxide evolution from soil driven by rainfall events: 2. model applications. Journal of Geophysical Research 97: 9777-9783.